Mission-Based State Project Grants
AAUW advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, and research. AAUW breaks through educational and economic barriers so that all women have a fair chance. In keeping with the mission and values of AAUW, AAUW Ohio has set aside funds for mission based programming at the Branch level. The purpose of the awards is to provide seed money to assist Branches in implementing mission-based programs in their community.
Mission-Based Project Grants provide funds that address issues related to the needs of women and girls or that provide information to educate and benefit the public on those issues.
AAUW OHIO encourages proposals for projects use innovative approaches to address local community needs, state issues or build linkages among community partners.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. All supporting documents must be received with the application. Any item received after the application review has begun will not be accepted. The following items constitute a complete application. If any item is missing, the application will be considered incomplete and will be disqualified.
1. Application (submitted electronically)
Proposal Narrative ─ responses must be in narrative form, and address the following:
(1) Abstract – briefly describe the proposed project. Identify the target audience, goal of the project, anticipated outcomes, and relevance of the project to the mission of AAUW.
(2) Project Rationale– provides evidence of need for the project. Describe the community served by the project, the problem being addressed, and the reason for initiating the project.
(3) Project Description – identify the goal and anticipated outcomes of the project. Describe the methods you plan to use to achieve those outcomes. Explain how the proposed project will meet the needs of the target audience in an original and/or innovative way.
(4) Implementation Plan – outline the project timeline and list planned activities and/or events according to the timeline. Explain how the implementation plan will lead to desired outcomes. Explain how you plan to recruit participants (if applicable) and share information about the project with your community (e.g., through newsletters, press releases).
(5) Collaborating Partners (optional) Explain how collaborating partners will contribute to the implementation of the project; clearly identify collaborators’ roles in the project (Commitment letters from collaborating partners should be sent as supporting documents).
(6) Budget-- Provides a budget with justification statements.
RETURN APPLICATIONS AND ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org