Programming & recruitment
Tools for planing programs
- Working Together – Mission-Based Program Brochure: Contains mission-based activities and programs for AAUW branches.
- Mission-Based State Program Grant: If your branch would like to plan programs related to the AAUW mission, apply for a state program grant. The state board will match funds with your branch board for programs relating to our mission.
- Programming Best Practices from AAUW Ohio Branches: A PowerPoint presentation from AAUW Ohio Leadership Workshop 2011.
Programs in a Box
This online resource called “Program in a Box” is designed to help members consider and choose program activities for their branches. Get the AAUW Programs in a Box handout from AAUW Ohio Leadership Workshop 2011.
Each Program in a Box outlines an activity that could be chosen for your branch, with the “what, why and how” to implement that program. Each Program in a Box has hyperlinks to downloadable resources that provide wider programming options.
Click on the links below to get details about each program. Then click on the hyperlink at the end of the description on the AAUW Web site to download the entire program.
- Woman-to-Woman Voter Turnout Program: A workshop that covers the components of planning and implementing an effective campaign to turn out women to vote.
- Grassroots Advocacy Leadership Training Workshop: A one-hour workshop designed to train AAUW members, particularly branch public policy chairs, to be grassroots advocacy leaders in their branches and communities.
- The Shriver Report — A Woman’s Nation Changes Everything: Suggestions and planning steps on how to help you raise awareness and activism surrounding AAUW’s policy recommendations based on the Woman’s Nation report.
- Pay Equity: A mission-based programming resource designed to assist AAUW states and branches in their education and advocacy for equal pay for equal work.
- Financially Fit for Life: A workshop or half-day conference developed by AAUW to help members and other women understand and improve their financial well-being.
- Title IX Compliance: Know The Score: Through this program, AAUW members can take concrete steps toward ensuring equitable athletic opportunities at their local schools as required under Title IX. Watch the Title IX Webinar.
- Focus on the Fellows and Grantees: Engage AAUW’s exceptional resource of fellows and grantees to conduct a meeting, luncheon, forum or fundraising event.
For more AAUW Programs in a Box, go here.
State-wide projects for branches
- Stop Trafficking in Ohio Project: AAUW Ohio is committed to stopping human trafficking in our state and beyond. Get informative information about the issue. And find out what other branches are doing to help stop it.
- AAUW Ohio’s Making History Project: The centerpiece of this project is The New Little Book, and it is helping kids pass the Ohio Graduation Test, the five-part test every student must pass to graduate from high school. Get information about the project that you can copy and paste into your branch newsletter.
Tools and tips for recruiting members
- New membership recruitment video: Malinda Gaul, a member of the AAUW Board of Directors, shared this wonderful new membership recruitment video with us at AAUW Ohio Equity Day and Convention 2014. Add the link to your branch website. For help or more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the AAUW website.
- AAUW Mission Video: Watch or download the video on You Tube to help in your membership recruitment efforts.
- Membership Growth Workshops: PowerPoint presentations and other materials for workshopsdesigned by AAUW and the AAUW Membership Committee that offer ideas, resources and strategies to help you grow your branch. Log in to the AAUW Member Center to access this.
- Membership Matters: An e-newsletter sent approximately six times a year to AAUW state and branch membership officers. Access editions since July 2005. Log in to the AAUW Member Center to access this.
- Reaching out to college students: A brief list of ideas and suggestions for AAUW branches trying to reach out to college students. Log in to the AAUW Member Center to access this.
- Recruiting College and University Partners: A guide for AAUW branches on how to recruit college and university partners. Log in to the AAUW Member Center to access this.
- Guide to the Shape the Future Membership Campaign: A quick overview of the Shape the Future Campaign and how it works.
- Membership Brochures: Download brochures produced by AAUW Ohio and AAUW National.
- Making Membership Meaningful: Our statewide membership campaign that involves holding roundtable workshops across the state to help Ohio branches stabilize and grow their membership. Consider scheduling one for your area by contacting Gillian Holzhauser-Graber, AAUW Ohio Membership Vice President, at email@example.com. You can also scan ideas from branches who have already held a roundtable workshop and try out their recruitment tips.
- Tips for Meeting Your Members’ Needs
- Membership Recruitment Tips
Tools for public policy activism
Get those here.