Diversity Goals for Branches
- Appoint a branch diversity chair to work closely with the membership and program chair and/or committees.
- Encourage branch programs and projects to celebrate the diversity themes in your community; participate in community events that highlight diversity–festivals, theater, art or cultural events
- Print the diversity statement in the branch newsletter
- Increase branch awareness for the physically challenged with attention to meeting location, provisions for disabled persons
- Promote a diverse membership of the eligible population in the community; work to have your branch reflect that population
- Appoint a welcoming committee for branch meetings
- Forge coalition partnerships for community projects and programs
- Publish and use the AAUW !Adelante! Book of the Month Club list
- Diversify branch leadership
- Develop social justice programs within the community
- Hold a Woman-to-Woman program or meeting
- Complete a branch diversity evaluation and community analysis
Daffodil Diversity Award
Branches making strides to be inclusive and diverse in their membership outreach and community involvement are eligible to receive the Daffodil Diversity Award. Branches must meet at least three of the diversity goals for branches.
Press clippings, news articles in branch publications, listings from branch yearbook, photographs from events or meetings shall constitute documentation.
AAUW Diversity StatementIn principle and practice, AAUW values and seeks diverse membership. There shall be no barriers to full participation in this organization on the basis of gender, race, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or class.