Website and social media help
An attractive and informative website will help your branch keep members up to date on news and events. It will also help attract new members of all ages. Here are some online resources from AAUW and other sources to help you effectively use the Web and social media.
Get the new AAUW Branding Tool Kit and find out how to use the new logos and colors.
Other website and social media help available online
- AAUW has a new Web template for states and branches. Find out more about AAUW website resources for states and branches. The link above will take you to a site that shows you some of what AAUW offers using the WordPress platform. Along with other information, you will find WordPress Tutorials and an FAQ. For more information, email email@example.com or call 800/326-AAUW (2289). Read more.
- Take control of your website with the AAUW Site Resources flyer.
- The Web, Social Media and Your Branch: Enhancing Your Online Presence: The PDF of a PowerPoint presentation that shares information about AAUW Site Resources, a new free wesbsite solution for branches and slides from the AAUW Convention 2011 presentation Demystifying Social Media. Included are tips on why you should use Facebook and Twitter to expand your reach, along with how to do so.
- Web, Social Media Checklist: A checklist from The Whole Brain Group with helpful tips on how often to post updates, etc. on your social media sites.
- Creating a Buzz: Using Social Media in Branch Advocacy Efforts: A PowerPoint by Paula Maggio, AAUW Ohio Public Information Officer and Communications Chair, from AAUW Ohio Leadership Workshop 2013
- How to use social media for advocacy: Tips from AAUW: June 2013
- How to create perfect social media posts, Sept. 5, 2013, from Ragan’s Health Care Communication News
- Infographic: Tips for writing perfect tweets: July 25, 2013, from Ragan’s PR Daily
- Social media, the Web and your branch: Handouts from Leadership Workshop 2011 and more: A slide show on “Demystifying Social Media” from AAUW Convention 2011, along with Facebook manuals and links to helpful articles and websites.
- How to create a free website for your branch using WordPress: Astep-by-step guide to setting up a free website for your branch using wordpress.com. This material was presented at a breakout session at our Leadership Workshop 2010.
- Learn WordPress: A website that tells you how to put up a WordPress site from start to finish. Includes video tutorials.
- Tips for New WordPress Bloggers: A collection of blogs posts to help you get started.
- Web site key information document: A listing of the information you should put together in one brief document to hand on to future managers of your branch webpage.
- AAUW Tools for Web Site Development: A comparison of platforms for setting up a website,complete with links to free software. Also contains links to content and graphics that should be included on your branch site. Includes links to RSS feeds and AAUW on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. In this handout, you will read about WordPress, which offers free blogging software. Read this t0 understand the differences between WordPress.com and WordPress.org.
- “AAUW Web Site Tools: What Every Leader Needs to Know”: An AAUW workshop at the June 2009 AAUW Convention, “Breaking Through Barriers.”
- AAUW Web Site Wiki Page: A Web site about websites written by AAUW members.
- Web Site Roundtable Handout: An overview of Web site tools and how to use them presented at the 2009 AAUW Convention.
- Using WordPress to build a branch website: A brief overview of how to use this user-friendly, free platform to build a branch site. This is the software we used to build the AAUW Ohio site. Here’s an example of another AAUW branch site built using WordPress.
- Basics of Facebook: An informational handout from the 2009 AAUW Convention.
- Facebook for AAUW: This document is an introduction and a primer for those who want to explore Facebook as an example of social networking for personal use and to advance the mission of AAUW.
- Join Us on Facebook and Maintain Your Privacy Too: Find out how to become a fan of AAUW Ohio on Facebook. Then get the details about how select the privacy settings for your Facebook page to keep it as private as you like.
- Safety with Social Media: Important information from Women’sLaw.org.
- How Twitter Will Change the Way We Live: June 25, 2009, Time magazine article shared at the 2009 AAUW Convention.
- How to Start Tweeting (and Why You Might Want To): Aug. 25, 2010, Chronicle of Higher Education
- Tech ToolKit: What AAUW members need to know to function in our technological world.
- The dangers of using photo images and what it will cost you: Sept. 9, 2013, Philanthropy Journal
- The Nonprofit Social Media Decision Guide: September 2013, Idealware
- Advanced Social Media Decision Maker’s Toolkit: A seminar from Idealware