Website and social media help
An attractive and informative website will help your branch keep members up to date on news and events. It will also help attract new members of all ages. Here are some online resources from AAUW and other sources to help you effectively use the Web and social media.
Get the new AAUW Branding Tool Kit and find out how to use the new logos and colors.
Website help available online
- AAUW Site Resources website: AAUW’s Site Resources program will create and host free
websites for your branch. Join more than 505 other branches and master your website long before your next meeting!
- Recommended text to include on your AAUW branch website
- Recommended links to include on your AAUW branch website
- Graphics to include on your AAUW Ohio branch website
- Web site key information document: A listing of the information you should put together in one brief document to hand on to future managers of your branch webpage.
- Do Your Communications Job Better! A PowerPoint covering how to make your website and social media accounts shine — and what resources you can find on the AAUW website to make that happen.
Social media help available online
- How to set up a Facebook page for your branch.
- How to set up a Twitter account for your branch.
- Do Your Communications Job Better! A PowerPoint from AAUW Ohio Leadership Workshop 2015 that covers how to make your website and social media accounts shine — and what resources you can find on the AAUW website to make that happen.
- Creating a Buzz: Using Social Media in Branch Advocacy Efforts: A PowerPoint from AAUW Ohio Leadership Workshop 2013
- Social media, the Web and your branch: Handouts from Leadership Workshop 2011 and more: A slide show on “Demystifying Social Media” from AAUW Convention 2011, along with Facebook manuals and links to helpful articles and websites.
- Web, Social Media Checklist: A checklist from The Whole Brain Group with helpful tips on how often to post updates, etc. on your social media sites.
- How to use social media for advocacy: Tips from AAUW: June 2013
- How to create perfect social media posts, Sept. 5, 2013, from Ragan’s Health Care Communication News
- Infographic: Tips for writing perfect tweets: July 25, 2013, from Ragan’s PR Daily
- Basics of Facebook: An informational handout from the 2009 AAUW Convention.
- Facebook for AAUW: This document is an introduction and a primer for those who want to explore Facebook as an example of social networking for personal use and to advance the mission of AAUW.
- Join Us on Facebook and Maintain Your Privacy Too: Find out how to become a fan of AAUW Ohio on Facebook. Then get the details about how select the privacy settings for your Facebook page to keep it as private as you like.
- Safety with Social Media: Important information from Women’sLaw.org.
- How Twitter Will Change the Way We Live: June 25, 2009, Time magazine article shared at the 2009 AAUW Convention.
- How to Start Tweeting (and Why You Might Want To): Aug. 25, 2010, Chronicle of Higher Education
- The Nonprofit Social Media Decision Guide: September 2013, Idealware
- Advanced Social Media Decision Maker’s Toolkit: A seminar from Idealware
Other tech help available online
- Tech ToolKit: What AAUW members need to know to function in our technological world.
- The dangers of using photo images and what it will cost you: Sept. 9, 2013, Philanthropy Journal