AAUW Ohio resources for members
- Join: Get information about membership in AAUW.
- Member benefits: Find out what benefits and discounts are available to you as an AAUW member.
- Find a branch: Locate a branch of AAUW Ohio near you. Or find a branch in another part of the country.
- Connect with the AAUW Ohio Board and Staff
- AAUW Ohio Members Only Resources: Resources available to AAUW Ohio members on this password-protected page include our Branch Officers Directory.
- AAUW Ohio College/University Partners: Find out if your alma mater is an AAUW partner.
- Tax deduction: Get the details regarding how much of your AAUW dues you can deduct on your itemized federal tax return.
- 2010 financial and dues information for branch finance officers: Download the PDF.
- Forms: Get the forms you need for yourself or your branch.
- Reports: Get the following reports on this page:
- President’s Reports
- AAUW Ohio Membership Reports
- AAUW Ohio Bylaws 2013: Download our new state bylaws as a PDF.
- 2013 Mandatory Conformance of AAUW State and Branch Bylaws
- Memo on New Mandatory Bylaws Changes for Branches
Programming and recruitment
- Programming and recruitment: Find ideas and materials for branch programs and membership recruitment. Includes information about our statewide Making History Project and our statewide Making Membership Meaningful campaign.
- Best Practices: Find out about the successes of branches throughout the state.
- AAUW Ohio Public Policy E-Newsletter
- Let’s Fight for AAUW Public Policy Positions: Handout that details AAUW public policy positions and compares them to actions taken by our state legislature.
- AAUW Ohio Public Policy Advocate: Karen Rainey testifies on our behalf at pertinent hearings at the Statehouse in Columbus. Her testimony is available on this page.
- Statewide Projects: Find out about AAUW Ohio’s statewide action projects, including AAUW Ohio Voting Record, Stop Trafficking in Ohio and the Making History Project.
- Get more details on our ACT page.
Web and print communications
- Communications:Access a variety of resources for your communications efforts from this page. They include:
- Ohio Orbit newsletter: Downloadable as PDFs.
- Sending news releases: Download a News Release Template you can customize for your branch event. Read an FAQ on writing and distributing news releases. And learn how you can easily find contact information for area media.
- Website and social media help: Resources to help your branch put together a high quality, informative Web site to help market your branch and attract new members. You will also find information about using social media to promote your branch and keep members connected.
- State newsletter contest: Get details about this annual state newsletter contest and download the form needed for entering your newsletter.
- AAUW brochures: Download as full-color PDFs or order in quantity for free. Your branch only pays shipping costs.
- Branch Logos: AAUW has prepared a new brand-compliant logo for each AAUW branch. Click on the link at left, then on the “State and Branch Logo” heading. You will be prompted to log in to the Member Services Database. Download your branch logo by selecting the “State/Branch Logo” option in the left sidebar.
- How to Market Your Branch: A presentation and handout from AAUW national.
AAUW resources for members
- Convention 2013 Workshop Presentations on a variety of topics, from Designing Effective Meetings to Digging for Gold: Uncovering Corporate Funding for Your Branch
- AAUW Presentations on a variety of topics, from Writing and Pitching an Op-Ed to Know the Score – Title IX Presentation Script
- AAUW Tool Kits: Tool kits are collections of resources put together to provide you with comprehensive information on what you need to get the job done.
- AAUW Mission Video: Watch or download the video on You Tube to help in your membership recruitment efforts.
- AAUW Dialog: Join the conversation about equity for women and girls on the AAUW blog.
- AAUW Web site: Find many other resources online.
- AAUW Member Center: Log in to access members-only resources.