AAUW Ohio Branch Meetings and Events
- Medina County Branch is part of a coalition sponsoring the first Human Trafficking Workshop in Medina County on Friday, Jan. 16, from 8:30 a.m. until 4 p.m. at Pat O’Brian’s Chevrolet on North Court. The workshop is sponsored by the Ohio Child Welfare Training Program/Summit County Children Services, Medina County Coalition Against Human Trafficking, Pat O’Brien Chevrolet, the Children’s Center of Medina and Medina County Job and Family Services. Contact Carol Thombs, Cgthombs98@gmail.com, for more information.
- Heights-Hillcrest-Lyndhurst Branch will meet Jan. 31 at 1 p.m. at Beachwood Library, 26601 Shaker Blvd., for a book discussion on the status of Muslim women in the Middle East.
- Bowling Green Branch Cocktails and Convos Women’s Issues Book Discussion
- Medina County Branch will hold its 16th Sister-to-Sister Conference for girls ages 11-14 Sunday, March 8, at noon at the Medina Hospital Conference area. This year’s theme, “Be-YOUtiful
Reality,” will encourage young women to be themselves, develop self-confidence and create their own style. Each participant receives a bright S2S T-shirt, lunch and snacks, a goodie bag with favors and all programming materials. Applications may be downloaded from the branch website.
- Worthington Branch will meet Saturday, March 14, at 1:30 p.m. for a program on the Silent Witness Project. The location is All Saints Lutheran Church 6770 North High St., Worthington 43085.
- Tech Savvy Workshop on March 25 at Stark State College. Karen Sands of the Medina County Branch, is project chair. Others on the committee are Carol Thombs, curriculum director; Jill Morton, STEM advisor; Ann Beach, Lorain Branch member and marketing outreach coordinator; and representatives from Alcoa Barberton and Stark State College. More details to follow.