AAUW Ohio Branch Meetings and Events
- Mansfield Branch will meet Jan. 4 at 10 a.m. at the First Presbyterian Church. New scholarship winners will be introduced and Sierra Noser will report on BeWise Camp.
- Mansfield Branch will meet Feb. 1 at 10 a.m. at the Schar School of Nursing, 1020 S. Trimble Rd. Sharon See, RN, who visited a Navajo reservation in Arizona, will speak.
- Champaign County Branch will meet at Jeanne Bowman’s home, 791 Boyce St., to enjoy a light supper and have our book discussion of Grandmothers Council the World on Feb. 4 at 6 p.m.
- Heights-Hillcrest-Lyndhurst Branch will meet Feb. 19 at 6 p.m. to discuss ”Jumpstarting the Economy in Northeast Ohio: Science, Technology, and Entrpeneurship, Defining and Directing One’s Success.” The presenter is Jennie S. Hwang, PhD, Dr Sc, President and CEO H-Technologies Group. Location: Shorby Club, 40 Shoreby Dr., Bratenahl, OH 44108 216-851-2582.
- Medina County Branch will hold its Black History Month Program Feb. 27 at 7 p.m. at Second Baptist Church, 451 Bronson St., Medina.
- Mansfield Branch will meet March 4 at 7 p.m. at Spectrum Behavioral Solutions, 800 Park Ave. Rebecca Eslinger will speak on autism. Note the new location.
- Toledo Branch members, along with members from Northwest Ohio branches will be part of the cast of We Did It For You!, a Readers’ Theater Production, March 1 at 1 p.m. at Notre Dame Academy, 3535 W. Sylvania Ave., Toledo.
- Medina County Branch will hold its 13th Sister-to-Sister Girls’ Summit, co-sponsored by AAUW and eight other organizations March 18 from noon – 4:30 p.m., at Medina Hospital Conference Area. It is open to girls ages 11-14.
- Medina County Branch will hold its branch membership meeting March 23 at 7 p.m. in the Reserve Building, Lower Level Meeting Room. Program: Sarah Cheshire, Oberlin College, one of 40 college students who joined original Freedom Riders last year in retracing the 1961 Rides from Washington, DC to New Orleans, LA.
Northeast Branch will meet May 4 at the Little Mountain Brewing Co. in Mentor for a pizza party and presentation by Freda Levinson. Levinson is Senior Staff Attorney with the American Civil Liberties Union. Her topic: “Our Sacred Right to Vote.”
AAUW Ohio Branch Fundraisers
Important Notice: AAUW Wins Federal Regulatory Battle, Protects Branch Book Sales
- Middletown Branch will hold its 2014 Annual Book Sale March 6-9, 2014, at 2 South Main St. (the southwest corner of South Main and Central Avenues). AAUW Middletown is now collecting gently used books, puzzles, games, DVD’s, children’s books and music. Donations may be dropped off on Tuesday mornings from 10 a.m. to 11:30.a.m .(also Saturday mornings beginning in January). Park at the side entrance and follow the signs. For information and to arrange for book pick-up call 513-424-7551, 513-424-1120, or 513-424-5458. Proceeds go towards scholarships for area students.
- Medina County Branch Used Book Sale, April 25-28. Location to be determined. Collection boxes to be in place by Feb. 20. Members Preview Night: April 24. Open to Public: April 25, 26, 27, 28