AAUW Ohio Branch Meetings and Events
- Worthington Branch will meet Saturday, Oct. 15, at 9:30 a.m. for a program on Title IX, the Olympics and the Arnold Expo with Jim Larimore at All Saints Lutheran Church, 6770 North High St., Worthington.
- Tiffin Branch will meet Oct. 18 at 7 p.m. at Chisholm Auditorium at Tiffin University for a program with Dr. Mary Ellen Benedict on “The Status of Educated Women in Today’s Marketplace.
- Worthington Branch will meet Tuesday, Oct. 18, at 6:30 p.m. for a Candidates Forum at the McConnell Arts Center, 777 Evening St., Worthington.
- Are Medina County high schools marching toward equity in girls sports? Find out what AAUW national and our local schools are doing to ensure equitable access for female athletes at the Thursday, Oct. 27, meeting of Medina County AAUW at 7 p.m. at the Medina Library, 210 South Broadway St. The meeting will feature a panel discussion on Title IX, which prohibits sex discrimination in U.S. schools and ensures all students have access to education. Panelists include Wadsworth superintendent Andrew Hill, Medina High School principal and former athletic director Jeff Harrison, and Jessica Toocheck, head softball coach at Medina High School and a former high school athlete.
- Warren-Trumbell Branch is sponsoring a Craft and Vendor Show Saturday, Nov. 5, 9 a.m. – noon at St. Paul Lutheran Church, Warren.
- Warren-Trumbell Branch will meet Monday, Nov. 7, at Vienna United Methodist Church, Vienna, beginning at 5:30 p.m. The speaker is Mary Beth Wyko, government affairs coordinator with Youngstown-Warren Regional Chamber, who will speak on “Women in Government: Why It’s Important and How to Make It Happen.” Please consider joining us as a guest for the evening. Enjoy a delicious, homemade Swiss Steak dinner, with sides and dessert, for $12. Contact Jennifer Soloman at 330-637-3483, president, OR Laura Boich at 330-856-6293 to make a reservation.
- Wooster Branch will meet Thursday, Nov. 10, at 2:30 p.m., at First Presbyterian Church, 621 College Ave. Susan Buchwalter, president of AAUW Wooster, will present information and lead a discussion of the branch’s finances and projects. All members are encouraged to attend.
- Warren-Trumbull Branch’s Christmas Celebration & meeting will be held on Monday, Dec. 5, at Leo’s Ristorante, Howland, beginning at 5:30 p.m. This festive evening will include entertainment by the Warren G. Harding Madrigal Singers and a Christmas gift exchange. Enjoy a sit-down dinner for $25. Contact Jennifer Soloman at 330-637-3483, president, OR Laura Boich at 330-856-6293 to make a reservation.
- Wooster Branch will meet for a holiday luncheon Wednesday, Dec. 7, at 1 p.m., at Quailcrest Farm. The meal will be Quailcrest Farm soup and bread luncheon. Attendees are asked to bring gifts for women at 180 (formerly EveryWoman’s House). All gifts collected will be presented at the January meeting when we will have a speaker from 180 at our general meeting. Monies are not required beforehand–and guests are welcome!