AAUW Ohio Branch Meetings and Events
- Heights-Hillcrest-Lyndhurst Branch will meet Jan. 30 at 1 p.m. at the Beachwood Branch Library, Meeting Room B, 25501 Shaker Blvd. Margaret Reardon of the Beachwood Branch of Cuyahoga County Public Library will show you some books in her favorite
Dewey categories, and in the spirit of the system that connects one thing to another, also show some surprising ways your reading experience can be enhanced in 2016.
- Delaware Branch will meet Monday, Feb. 8, at 7:15 p.m. for a discussion of the book Orange is the New Black, My Year in aWomen’s Prison by Piper Kerman at the home of Karen Rainey. Please R.S.V.P. email@example.com.
- Northeast Branch will meet Saturday, Feb. 13, at 11:45 a.m. at the Steele Mansion in Painesville for lunch and a tour of the mansion. Cost is $25 per person. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb. 3.
- Medina County Branch will hold its 14th Black History Month program at Second Baptist Church of Medina, Thursday, Feb. 25 at 7 p.m. Second Baptist will host the event in the sanctuary, 451 Bronson St., Medina.
- Medina County Branch will hold its Sister-to-Sister Conference at the Medina Hospital Sunday, March 6. This year’s event for girls ages 11-14, which is coordinated by AAUW Medina County Branch and seven other area organizations, is titled: “Lights–Camera–Action: Middle School”. Featured presenter will be the current Miss Ohio, Sarah Hider, from Wooster. For more information and registration brochures, visit http://medinacounty-oh.aauw.net/sister-to-sister
Northeast Branch will meet Tuesday, March 8, for a “Lakeland Women’s History Month Art Tour” with Mary Urbas, curator of “Women IX”, at Lakeland Community College. The group will have a cafeteria dinner at 6 p.m., followed by the tour.
- Delaware Branch will meet March 12 at 9:30 a.m. for a program on “Solving the Equation: The Variables for Women’s Success in Engineering and Computing.” This will be a joint meeting with Worthington Branch at All Saints Lutheran Church, 6770 North High St. Worthington.
- Cleveland Branch will meet Saturday, March 19, for a program with Virginia Beckwith from Genesis House, a women’s shelter in Lorain, at Cleveland State University,
2121 Euclid Avenue. The time will be announced later.