AAUW Ohio Branch Meetings and Events
- Mansfield Branch will meet April 7 at at 7 p.m. at Spectrum Behavioral Solutions, 800 Park Ave. West.
- Toledo Branch Equal Pay Day event Tuesday, April 14, 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. at the Secor Building, 425 Jefferson St. Get the details and RSVP on the Facebook event page.
- Worthington Branch will meet Wednesday, April 8, at 7 p.m. to discuss charter schools at Worthington Municipal Building, 2nd Floor, 6550 High St., Worthington 43085. Damon Asbury, who is with the Ohio School Boards Association lobbying group, will be the speaker.
- Medina County Branch will hold its annual book sale April 15-18, with Tuesday, April 14, as “Members’ Preview Night” from 6-8:30 p.m. The sale will be held at 5012 Grande Shops Ave., across from Home Depot and on the other side of Dental Works. In conjunction with the sale, the branch will sponsor a Repurposed Book Contest, with winners receiving cash prizes.
- Tech Savvy Conference on Saturday, April 25, at Stark State College. Karen Sands of the Medina County Branch, is project chair. Others on the committee are Carol Thombs, curriculum director; Jill Morton, STEM advisor; Ann Beach, Lorain Branch member and marketing outreach coordinator; and representatives from Alcoa Barberton and Stark State College. More details to follow.
- Bowling Green Branch Cocktails and Convos Women’s Issues Book Discussion
- Northeast Branch will meet Thursday, May 7, at 6:30 p.m. for dinner and a talk at Lake Farmpark, 8800 Euclid Chardon Rd. in Kirtland. Speakers Margie DeLong and Christina Bellas will speak on “The Grand River and STEM at Lake Farmpark.”
- Springfield Branch will hold its annual Scholarship awards Dinner on Monday, May 11, at 6 p.m. at Christ Episcopal Church, 409 East High St. The branch will award Rachal McConkey and Emma Warax the Helen M. Krout Memorial Scholarship of $500 to enable them to pursue their post high school education. The installation of officers for the 2015-16 year and the annual program planning meeting will follow the award ceremony. To reserve a space and for more information, call Joyce at 937-925-0006.
- Sandusky Branch will meet Wednesday, May 13, at 6:30 p.m. for its annual meeting. The location is the Sandusky Yacht Club, 529 E. Water St., Sandusky. Social hour will begin at 6:30. Ordering will be done off a mini menu with each member picking up her own cost. Program: Tuskekee Airmen.
- Toledo Branch will hold its annual meeting Tuesday, May 19, at 5:30 p.m. at Brandywine Country Club, 6904 Salisbury Rd., Maumee. Program: Christina Rodriquez, executive director of Mom’s House, on “child Care: Do We Really?” Cost: $23. Send check made out to AAUW Toledo by May 12 to Gail Conrad, 7821 Glenhill Dr., Sylvania, OH 43560.
- Cleveland Branch will meet at Dunham Tavern Museum on Wednesday, June 10, at 12:30 p.m. Dunham Tavern is located at 6709 Euclid Ave. Tour begins at 1, followed by box lunch from Gallucci’s. $10 for lunch includes roll, wrap or croissant, any kind of sandwich (Italian meat, roast beef, turkey, ham, chicken salad, tuna salad, egg salad, cheeses, veggie), Italian olives, cookies, salad, water or Coke beverage and tip. $3 for tour. Reservations to Helen Cushenan, 440-777-3811 or email@example.com. She will also need food order when reservations are made. If it rains, the group will eat in the Barn. Parking on the grounds by the Tavern. Mail reservation and check to: Helene Cushenan 4014 Dryden Dr., North Olmsted, OH 44070 or Diane Ahlers, 2050 Radcliffe Drive, Westlake, OH 44145. Dunham Tavern was once a stagecoach stop on the old Buffalo-Cleveland post road. It is the oldest building still standing on its original site in Cuyahoga County. The property was settled by Rufus and Jane Pratt Dunham in 1819.