AAUW Ohio Branch Meetings and Events
- Cleveland Branch will meet Sept. 10, 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. at 27333 Center Ridge Rd., Westlake for a program with Ellen Kubit, Regional Victim Specialist of the Rape Crisis Center, for Lake, Geauga and Ashtabula counties who will give a presentation on human trafficking.
- Northeast Branch will meet Sept. 13 at 6 p.m. at Morley Library for a potluck dinner meeting. Come and learn a little more about our members, what AAUW really does and what it can do for you. Also meet two girls we sponsored to attend BeWise Camp and hear their experiences. Their moms will give their impressions of the camp, too.
- Worthington Branch will meet Wednesday, Sept. 14, at 6:30 p.m. for Book Share – Bring your recommendations; get some great ideas! Dessert and appetizer potluck. Beverages will be provided. Location: home of Jana Patchen, 8201 Lake Bluff Court, Columbus.
- Worthington Branch will meet Saturday, Oct. 15, at 9:30 a.m. for a program on Title IX, the Olympics and the Arnold Expo with Jim Larimore at All Saints Lutheran Church, 6770 North High St., Worthington.
- Tiffin Branch will meet Oct. 18 at 7 p.m. at Chisholm Auditorium at Tiffin University for a program with Dr. Mary Ellen Benedict on “The Status of Educated Women in Today’s Marketplace.
- Worthington Branch will meet Tuesday, Oct. 18, at 6:30 p.m. for a Candidates Forum at the McConnell Arts Center, 777 Evening St., Worthington.
- Are Medina County high schools marching toward equity in girls sports? Find out what AAUW national and our local schools are doing to ensure equitable access for female athletes at the Thursday, Oct. 27, meeting of Medina County AAUW at 7 p.m. at the Medina Library, 210 South Broadway St. The meeting will feature a panel discussion on Title IX, which prohibits sex discrimination in U.S. schools and ensures all students have access to education. Panelists include Wadsworth superintendent Andrew Hill, Medina High School principal and former athletic director Jeff Harrison, and Jessica Toocheck, head softball coach at Medina High School and a former high school athlete.
- Wooster Branch will meet Thursday, Nov. 10, at 2:30 p.m., at First Presbyterian Church, 621 College Ave. Susan Buchwalter, president of AAUW Wooster, will present information and lead a discussion of the branch’s finances and projects. All members are encouraged to attend.
- Wooster Branch will meet for a holiday luncheon Wednesday, Dec. 7, at 1 p.m., at Quailcrest Farm. The meal will be Quailcrest Farm soup and bread luncheon. Attendees are asked to bring gifts for women at 180 (formerly EveryWoman’s House). All gifts collected will be presented at the January meeting when we will have a speaker from 180 at our general meeting. Monies are not required beforehand–and guests are welcome!