AAUW Ohio Branch Meetings and Events
- Oscar-nominee The Invisible War at BGSU April 3
- Toledo Branch will meet at 6 p.m. April 18 at Sanger Library, 3030 W. Central Ave., Toledo, to Meet the Author: Mary Helen Wright.
- The Northeast Ohio Branch of AAUW Ohio has teamed up with the Lakeland Community College Women’s Center and the League of Women Voters of Lake County to develop a program featuring top-notch speakers who can explain how the Affordable Care Act will work and answer any questions you may have. This is a free public program to be held Tuesday, April 23, 7-9 p.m. at Lakeland. Read more.
- Employment discrimination is April 24 topic at HHL Branch
- Tiffin Branch will hold an Honors Brunch on Saturday, April 27, at 11 a.m. at Heidelberg Great Hall on the second floor of the Student Center at Heidelberg University. Park at the far side of the lot on Hedges Street.
- The Middletown Branch 2013 Author Luncheon will be held at noon, Saturday, April 27, at Brown’s Run Country Club in Middletown. Featured speaker is Dayton-area physician-turned-novelist Martha Moody, speaking on “Wise Women Make a Difference.” Martha has written four novels, including the bestseller Best Friends. Her other books are THE OFFICE OF DESIRE, SOMETIMES MINE, and her latest, SHARP AND DANGEROUS VIRTUES. Her most recent book is a fantasy depiction of 2047 Dayton, Ohio, after a foreign invasion from the north. Luncheon menu includes salad/rolls, chicken Chardonnay, 2 sides, dessert, and beverage for $20/person. Advance reservations required. Send check payable to AAUW Middletown to P.O. Box 118, Middletown, OH 45042. For further information, contact Robin Becker at 513-424-2913 or email@example.com.
- Toledo Branch and other area women’s advocacy groups will screen the excellent PBS film The Makers on Tuesday, April 30, at a time to be announced in “The Studio” at WGTE Public Media, 1270 S. Detroit, Toledo 43614, WGTE/ Ch. 30. Contact Deb DiGennaro at 419-874-5807 for more information.
- Worthington Branch will meet Wednesday, May 1, at 6:30 p.m. at the home of Jana Patchen. The group will share a potluck of appetizers, salads and desserts. Drinks and lasagna will be supplied. A short recap of the AAUW Ohio convention will also be on tap, and the group will hear from attendees, especially where the ideas can drive branch programs for next year.
- The Warren-Trumbull County Branch will host its May meeting at the Trumbull Country Club on Saturday, May 4. After a 10 a.m. brunch, Sherri Harrell, Director of the YWCA, will present a program about the upcoming plans for a fabulous renovation of the Warren YWCA. Installation of officers will follow. Guests are welcome. Call Ann, 330-372-5261, for reservation.
- Mansfield Branch will close the year with a banquet prepared by culinary arts students at Mansfield Senior High. The event is May 7 at 6 p.m. The Woman of the Year Award will be presented. Reservation deadline is April 30. The cost is $10.
- Sandusky Branch will meet Wednesday, May 15, at 6 p.m. at the Sandusky Yacht Club, 529 E. Water St., for its May banquet. Guests are welcome. The group will order from a limited menu. The branch will install officers for the next year – 2013-14. Diane Ahlers from AAUW Ohio will be installing the new officers. Board members are hostesses.
- Tiffin Branch will hold its final meeting of the year at 6 p.m. May 23 in the Diane Kidd Art Gallery in the Hayes Center for the Arts at Tiffin University. Dinner will be served, and the evening will include a presentation on J.J. Fleck, Inc., which used to make Easter egg dyes and other Easter specialties.\
AAUW Ohio Branch Fundraisers
Important Notice: AAUW Wins Federal Regulatory Battle, Protects Branch Book Sales