AAUW Ohio Leadership Workshop 2010
Get the latest and best information on human trafficking as a public policy issue, recruiting new members, pulling great programs out of the box, and launching an easy, low-cost website for your branch at our Aug. 14 Leadership Workshop.
Register today by downloading and filling out the AAUW Ohio Leadership Workshop 2010 Registration Form, which includes a schedule of the day’s program. Then mail it with your check to the address listed on the form.
For AAUW Members
If you are an AAUW member, plan to fill your car with interested leaders from your branch — so that you can attend information-packed concurrent sessions — and head to Ohio Wesleyan University in Delaware on Aug. 14. The cost is just $25 per participant, and it includes lunch. Anyone wishing to attend just the keynote session on trafficking can sit in for free.
For Non-AAUW members
If you are not a member of AAUW, a national organization that advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, and research, you are also welcome to attend the entire session at a cost of $25 or just the AAUW Ohio Public Policy Luncheon: End Trafficking in Ohio, from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at a cost of $15. Download the AAUW Ohio Public Policy Luncheon: End Trafficking in Ohio Flyer and Registration Form. Learn more about AAUW.
What: AAUW Ohio Leadership Workshop 2010, which includes your choice of morning and afternoon hands-on sessions, a keynote AAUW Ohio Public Policy Luncheon: End Trafficking in Ohio, and lunch.
When: Saturday, Aug. 14, 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Where: Ohio Wesleyan University, Conrades-Wetherell Science Center, Rooms 161 &163, 90 S. Henry St. Delaware, Ohio 43015-2323
Who: Open to AAUW members and non-members.
Cost: $25 for the full program, which includes a salad and baked potato bar luncheon.
Registration: To register for the full day’s program and luncheon at a cost of $25, mail the completed AAUW Ohio Leadership Workshop 2010 Registration Form with your check made out to: AAUW Ohio with “Leadership Conference” on the Memo Line by Saturday, Aug. 7, to: Kathy Shaffer, 1444 Wuchter St., Barberton, OH 44203.
Leadership Workshop Schedule
9:30-9:45 a.m. Welcome: Kim Hassel, AAUW Ohio Leadership Workshop Chair
9:45-10:45 a.m. Morning Workshop – Choose one of the following sessions:
- Getting Your Branch Online, Part One – Paula Maggio, AAUW Ohio Public Information Officer
- Making Membership Meaningful – Gillian Holzhauser-Graber, AAUW Ohio Vice President of Membership
11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: Keynote Presentation – AAUW Ohio Public Policy: End Trafficking in Ohio
- State Senator Teresa Fedor will outline the problem as revealed in the state report of a commission appointed by the Ohio Attorney General and advocate for her bill—SB 235—that will bring Ohio law in line with other states.
- Marlene Carson, founder of Rehab’s Hideaway, a Columbus safe house for women trafficked into prostitution, will talk about safe houses and the need for laws to support them.
- AAUW Ohio Public Policy Chair Jackie Evangelista will talk about what we need to do to get SB 235 and other necessary bills passed.
12:30-1:15 p.m.: Lunch
1:15-2:30 p.m.: Afternoon Workshop – Choose one of the following sessions:
- Getting Your Branch Online, Part Two – Paula Maggio, AAUW Ohio Public Information Officer. This is a continuation of the morning session.
- Pulling Great Programs Out of the Box - Deborah Wooldridge, AAUW Ohio Program Vice President
2:30-2:45 p.m.: Closing: Taking Action with Patricia Millhoff, AAUW Ohio President
- AAUW Ohio Leadership Workshop 2010 Registration Form (For AAUW members who will attend the full Leadership Workshop)
- AAUW Ohio Public Policy Luncheon: End Trafficking in Ohio Flyer and Registration Form (For those who are not AAUW members and prefer to attend only the 11: a.m. to 12:30 p.m. portion of the Leadership Workshop.)