AAUW Ohio Leadership Workshop 2013: “Empowering Young Women Through Leadership”
Registration: Please register by July 31.
- To register by mail: Complete the Registration Form and mail it with your check following the instructions on the form.
- To register online: Pay via PayPal and email your completed Registration Form to Sue Bigaila at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leadership Workshop Program
8:30 a.m. – Registration and Check-In
9:00 a.m. – Welcome from Deborah Wooldridge, AAUW Ohio President
9:15 -10:30 a.m. – Keynote Speaker State Senator Charleta B. Tavares
10:45-11:45 a.m. – Breakout Sessions (Choose one)
- What’s Next: Responding to Restrictions on Women’s Abortion Rights — Jaime Miracle, Policy Director of NARAL Pro-Choice Ohio; and Misha Barnes, Managing Director of Public Affairs, Planned Parenthood Advocates of Ohio
- Choreograph Your Next Membership Drive Successfully —Betty Elworth
- The Invisible War: Screening and Discussion—Deborah Wooldridge
12:00-1:15 p.m. – Lunch and Keynote Speaker – Dr. Mary Ellen Benedict, Distinguished Teaching Professor at BGSU on “We’ve Come A Long Way (Baby) — But Not Far Enough”
1:30-2:30 p.m. – Breakout Sessions (Choose one)
- Programming Choices & Challenges — Christine Siebeneck
- Creating a Buzz: Skills and Use of Social Media in State and Branch Advocacy Efforts – Paula Maggio, AAUW Ohio Public Information Officer
- Bringing the AAUW National Agenda down to the Grassroots Level—Deborah Wooldridge, AAUW President
2:30 p.m. – Challenges Young Women Face and How We Can Help Them – Holly Norton, AAUW Ohio Programming V.P.
To register, complete the Registration Form and mail it with your $30 check following the instructions on the form. Please register by July 31.