AAUW Ohio Equity Day & Convention 2017
Dates: May 5-6, 2017
Location: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, Columbus-Worthington, 175 Hutchinson Ave., Columbus
“Women: Be the Change” is the theme for AAUW Ohio Equity Day and Convention 17, so we invite you to join us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel in Columbus, May 5-6, and be part of the change you want to see in the world.
Schedule and Program: Our annual meeting will move to Friday evening, May 5, so we can devote the full day of Saturday, May 6, to Equity Day. Download the Program Preview to get the full schedule! Registration is open! So don’t delay and register today.
We are team building with millenials by having Saleha Azmi run a student track alongside our traditional program, which will be open to all attendees. Azmi, a graduate student at Bowling Green State University, started the school’s student chapter.
Then to send us off on a high note, we have DeLores Pressley, motivational speaker and personal power expert. This international keynote speaker, author, and life coach is founder of the Born Successful Institute and DeLores Pressley Worldwide.
Overall, this convention is for everyone, members and guests. There are opportunities to promote the woman you choose to be! Show them the superhero in you!
AAUW Convention Registration and Fees
Registration is open! So don’t delay and register today.
Early Bird AAUW Member Rate (Early Bird Registration Jan. 15- Feb. 28)
Friday-only rate: $74
Saturday-only rate: $64
Two-day rate: $134
AAUW Member Rate (Regular Registration March 1-May 1)
Friday-only rate: $84
Saturday-only rate: $74
Two-day rate: $154
AAUW Member Rate (Late Registration May 2-6)
Friday-only rate: $89
Saturday-only rate: $79
Two-day rate: $168
AAUW Student Rate (Registration Jan. 15-April 15)
Saturday-only rate: $45
Non-Member Rate (Registration Jan. 15-May 1)
Friday-only rate: $89
Saturday-only rate: $79
Two-day rate: $168
*Fees include: speakers, use of facility, Friday evening dinner, Saturday lunch, hotel wi-fi, parking, and tech support.
With five paid two-day rate registrations, the branch president (or her designee) attends free! Early bird registrations count toward this goal. Branch president registrations will be reimbursed.
DoubleTree by Hilton Reservations
Location: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, Columbus-Worthington, 175 Hutchinson Ave., Columbus.
Hotel Reservations: Make reservations at 800-870-0349. Our special rate is $129. Identify yourself as a part of AAUW 2017 Convention to secure the special rate. Breakfast is included with your hotel stay. Reservation deadline is April 13.
Silent Auction: Fill a Purse for Change
This year’s AAUW Ohio Silent Auction will have a new theme: Fill a Purse for Change. The idea behind the theme is to replace a basket with a purse and fill it with items for the auction. As a branch, you can purchase a designer bag and just put that bag in the auction to raffle as another option. We suggest that you provide one fabulous purse — filled or not filled — with a value of at least $150. Philanthropy VP Deborah Wooldridge will provide the auction with a Luis Vuitton bag or a Michael Kors bag to get things rolling. Remember that Vera Bradley bags are always a hit and catch the interest of bidders.
Another thing we will be doing this year is a Race for Change Contest among the Districts. As tickets are bought stickers will go up on a board throughout the conference and we will announce the District winner at the ending session. Many organizations do this at international, national and local conferences and this will let everyone have a chance to be philanthropic. Let’s bring our checkbook and support AAUW funds through giving! Our goal at the Conference this year is $5,000. I know we can do it because we all want change for women and girls!
If you need more information, contact Deborah Wooldridge at email@example.com.
Advertise Your Business in the Program Book
AAUW Ohio is selling advertisements for the 2017 Convention program booklet. We are printing business card-sized advertisements in our program booklet in exchange for a $25 fee. Proceeds will go towards Convention costs. This is a great opportunity to showcase the accomplishments of our diverse membership, increase awareness for our causes and businesses, and to support women in our communities! Download the flyer
To submit your business card you may either:
- Email your name, cause, and business card digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete and mail this form with your business card enclosed to: Kaylee Pavel 9162 Shenk Rd Delphos, OH 45833
To submit payment, you may:
- Include a check by mail, addressed to “AAUW Ohio” with this completed form.
- Pay by credit card online, securely through PayPal.
Equity Day and Convention Menu
Friday Dinner Buffet (tentative):
Flavors of Ohio:
Fresh Baked Breads
Coffee and Specialty Tazo Tea, Lemonade or Iced Tea
Tossed Greens with a Selection of Dressings, Fruit Salad with Honey Yogurt Dressing,
Grilled Marinated Flank Steak
Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Artichokes and Tomatoes,
Broccoli florets with Almonds and Roasted Pepper
Applewood Broiled Tenderloin of Pork
Grilled Chicken Breast with Marsala Sauce
Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce.
Saturday Luncheon Buffet (tentative):
Garden Fresh Vegetable
Choice of One Salad: Caesar Salad- Hearts of Romaine, Parmesan Cheese, Croutons or Iceberg Wedge Bleu Cheese- Candied Walnuts and Crispy Onion Straws
Sliced Tenderloin of Beef With Portobello Mushroom and Baked Garlic Wine Reduction
Herb Roasted Chicken With Baby Spinach and Red Grapes
Roasted New Potatoes
Grilled Asparagus and Baby Carrots
Dessert- Three Layer Chocolate Cake
Apply for Branch Awards
- Get the Starz Awards application form and instructions.
- Communication Star Award: Get recognition for your branch as a 2017 Communication Star for its use of print and online communications and social media. Get the guidelines and entry form online. Entries must be received by March 16, 2017.
- Programming Award: Send your Branch Program Booklets for the 2016-2017 Mission-Based Programming Awards to Jo Dye, Program Vice President, at 645 North Court St., Circleville, OH 43113 by March 16, 2017.
- Daffodil Award: Criteria will include the Diversity Goals for branches. Branches must meet at least three of the goals. To apply for recognition, branches must send a written statement on their accomplishments, with documentation, to the Ohio Diversity Chair, 157 Third St., Cardington, OH 43315. Statements should include branch name, name and signature of president, telephone number, e-mail for contact and name of diversity chair. Material must be received before March 16, 2017. Press clippings, news articles in branch publications, listings form branch yearbook, photographs from events or meetings constitute documentation.