AAUW Ohio Equity Day & Convention 2015 Program Highlights
Dates: May 1-3, 2015
Location: Embassy Suites Hotel, 5100 Upper Metro Place, Dublin, Ohio, just off I-270. 1-614-790-9000
Registration: Register online here by April 20 to get the Early Bird Registration price. If you have questions regarding the registration process, please contact Kaylee Pavel, Administrative Assistant, at kay- firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accommodations: Make your hotel reservation at Embassy Suites Hotel by April 10 in order to ensure a room. Call 1-614-790-9000.
Advertisements for program booklet available: Showcase our women in business with their business card for $5 and/or purchase an announcement for $10. Purchase an ad at http://www.aauwohioads.eventzilla.net.
Weekend Highlights & Featured Presentations for AAUW Ohio Equity Day & Convention 2015
- Holly Norton will moderate the All-Convention Read: Overwhelmed: Work, Love and Play When No One Has the Time by Brigid Schulte, an award-winning journalist.
for The Washington Post and The Washington Post Magazine, and part of a team that won the Pultizer Prize.
• Patricia Fae Ho, AAUW President, keynote speaker. AAUW national news! Patricia was the director of a Teacher Resource Center and a gifted-education specialist, implementing a school-wide enrichment model in New York schools. As a speaker and conference coordinator, she addressed topics of enrichment and creative and critical thinking skills. While living in England, she was on the faculty at Highbury College, Portsmouth.
• Eileen Hartmann, AAUW National Board Member. More excitement to have the second National Board Member to attend. Eileen. a native of County Wicklow, Ireland, has been a long-term advocate of education. She has worked for a cultural exchange program as a coordinator of courses of education department at Nazareth College.
- Julie Graber, Gender EQA, Interim Director, ION (ionwomen.org), a national consortium advancing women to corporate boards on “Women at the Table: Now More than Ever”
- Dr. Jan Roberto, National Marketing Director of Juice Plus, will present “Vitality From the Inside Out.”
- Taylor Price, (OSU) Student Trek and Nicole Ward, AAUW Ohio College/University Relations. How can a branch get a student group started and keep it pulsating?
- Tameka L. Taylor, Ph.D. CDE, is president of Compass Consulting Services, LLC. Topic: “Can Women Have it All” Dr. Taylor counsels through the Shaker Youth Center and teaches a Managing Urban Diversity course at Cleveland State University.
- Jennifer Dillard, AAUW Ohio’s Public Policy advocate, and Karen Rainey, Co-chair Public Policy with Stephen Dyer, Education Policy Fellow at Innovation Ohio on charter schools, and Ann Henkener, 1st Vice President of LWV Ohio, a redistricting specialist. “Ohio’s become a laughing stock across the US because of the blatant rigging of its political maps.” Our public policy advocate team will also provide updates us on the state budget.
- NOOR Islamic Culture & Outreach Center (NICC). Building Bridges of Understanding
- Jeff Ramsey, Co-founder/Program Assistant Partners in Conservation Columbus Zoo & Aquarium. Supports conservation and humanitarian programs in Rwanda and Democratic Republic of Congo, including an Imbabazi Orphanage with more than 100 children who lost their families during the 1994 Rwandan genocide.
- Yoga fun by Sherry Fair Hoff owner, RYT/Instructor at Fair Trade Yoga Studios, LLC. Learn to breath and gently move. I really mean gentle ladies!
- Mix & Mingle on Friday night with Nostalgic Fun: Wear a hat or dress in the era during which your branch was chartered.
- Sunday morning Reflection Service by Rush Coen Rogers.