AAUW Ohio Equity Day and Convention 2012
Where: Findlay Inn, 200 East Main Cross Street, Findlay, Ohio 45840
Accommodations: Special room rate at the Findlay Inn is $84 and includes breakfast. Reservation code: AAUW. Make your reservation by March 31 to get this special rate. Call 800-825-1455 and mention AAUW.
Cost: The cost for each day is $60, which includes breaks and lunch. The cost for both days is $120. The optional Saturday evening Awards Banquet is $30.
Registration and Payment: Complete the Equity Day and Convention Registration Form and submit it with your check – or pay using PayPal — by March 29. Add $10 for registrations submitted after March 29. Plan to bring first-timers so they can meet state board members, make friends and participate in the Silent Auction to benefit AAUW Funds.
Program: Get the AAUW Ohio Equity Day and Convention 2012 Program. Download the detailed schedule for the full two days as a PDF. Includes breakout session options.
Getting there: Easy access from I-75. Get driving directions.
Hosts: Branches in the Northwest District will be your host. Plan to bring some first-timers so they can see and hear what we are doing, meet state board members, make new friends, and participate in the Silent Auction, with all proceeds going to the AAUW Funds.
Overview of the two-day event
The theme is Building a Strong Community: Leading, Advocating and Educating at this two-day event held at the Findlay Inn. The AAUW Ohio 17th Annual Equity Day and 88th Annual Convention and Meeting promises to be a weekend focused on the AAUW vision and mission, featuring Ohio’s own Lisa Maatz, AAUW Director of Public Policy and Government Relations.
• Public Education in Ohio
• Women’s Health Issues
• Community Partnership Building
• Women in the Military and their Families
• Voting Issues
• Pay Equity Issues
• AAUW Public Policy and Reproductive Choice
• Partner Violence
• Social Networking
• Diversity Issues
• Women and Leadership
What: Death and Life of the Great American School System: How Testing and Choice Are Undermining Education by Diane Ravitch as the all-conference read.
When: Friday, April 13, at 8 p.m. at the Findlay Inn. Dr. Holly Norton from the University of Northwestern Ohio will lead the discussion.
Schedule: 17th Annual Equity Day
Saturday, April 14, at The Findlay Inn
8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Registration and Silent Auction Item Check-In
5:30 Social Hour and Silent Auction
7:00 Dinner – BGSU President Mary Ellen Mazey
Join us for an after-dinner reception in the Presidential Suite.
Schedule: 88th Annual Convention
Sunday, April 15, at The Findlay Inn
8–11 a.m. Registration and Credentialing
2 p.m. Adjournment
Get the AAUW Ohio Equity Day and Convention 2012 Program: Get the detailed schedule for the full two days. Includes breakout session options.
More AAUW Ohio Equity Day and Convention 2012 Links:
- AAUW Ohio Equity Day and Convention 2012 Page
- Register now for AAUW Ohio Equity Day and Convention 2012: Register by March 19 to get the best registration price.
- Equity Day and Convention Registration Form
- Pay using PayPal
- AAUW Ohio Equity Day and Convention 2012 Program
- Read more about this event in the Winter 2012 issue of AAUW Ohio Orbit.
- Get ready for Convention by reading about American education. Details about the book chosen for the all-convention book read on Friday, April 13, at 8 p.m. at the Findlay Inn.
- Make sure your branch is recognized. Get the details for applying for programming, communication and diversity awards given out at Convention.
- Support AAUW Funds: Bring a Silent Auction item to Convention
AAUW Ohio Equity Day and Convention Online Coverage:
- Look for yourself and your friends — or just to see what you missed at the AAUW Ohio Equity Day and Convention 2012, April 14-15 at the Findlay Inn by browsing the 40 photos posted on Facebook.
- You can also read our Twitter and Facebook posts put up live from our two-day event. On Twitter, search for the hashtag #OHaauw12.