Statewide Public Policy Advocacy Efforts
Ohio Advocacy Links
- AAUW Ohio Voting Record: AAUW Ohio is the first state organization to develop a voting record covering its state legislature. Find out how your representative voted on key issues.
- Public Policy Challenge: Tips on visiting state legislators to advocate for change.
- Health Care Position Paper: AAUW positions on the current health care reform debate.
- Ohio State Legislature Web site: Locate your state legislator, send an e-mail, and stay informed about bills being considered.
- Ohio Orbit: AAUW Ohionewsletter, published throughout the year.
- AAUW Ohio Public Policy E-Newsletter: Sent electronically four times a year.
See more links to public policy resources for activism at the national, state and branch levels.
National Public Policy Advocacy
AAUW takes action on the issues that matter at the local, state, national, and international levels. Advocacy resources include:
- Two-Minute Activist
- Woman-to-Woman Voter Turnout Program
- Washington Update
- The AAUW Branch Public Policy Chair online manual is now updated as a 2012 edition.
- Tips for visiting state legislators.
Legal Advocacy Fund
The AAUW Legal Advocacy Fund (LAF) works to combat sex discrimination in higher education and the workplace. LAF initiatives include:
- community outreach programs
- campus outreach programs
- resource library and online advocacy tools
- Legal Referral Network
- research reports
- support to workplace sex discrimination cases that have the potential to make a difference for all women
Get more information about the Legal Advocacy Fund at both the state and national levels.
Donate to the Legal Advocacy Fund to support the protection of the legal rights of those who are facing discrimination.
AAUW Action Fund
AAUW Action Fund: The AAUW Action Fund advances equity for women and girls through member activism and voter mobilization. Since 1881, AAUW has been the nation’s leading voice promoting education and equity for women and girls.
The AAUW Action Fund was established July 1, 2009, following a strategic restructuring of AAUW, the AAUW Educational Foundation, and the AAUW Leadership and Training Institute. The AAUW Action Fund supports AAUW’s continuing goal of breaking through barriers for women and girls, and it does so through member activism and voter mobilization. Both organizations have a nationwide network of nearly 100,000 members, 1,000 branches, and 500 college/university institution partners.
Read a briefing on the AAUW website that provides detailed information about the structure of AAUW, the AAUW Action Fund, AAUW branches and members.