AAUW’s impact in Ohio
The symbols on the map at left represent the approximate locations of AAUW’s national programs in Ohio during fiscal year 2011.
In addition to this local impact, work supported by the Legal Advocacy Fund, Eleanor Roosevelt Fund, Public Policy Fund, and AAUW Action Fund has statewide impact.
Take a look at the full-size Ohio, Inc. Impact Map for details on all AAUW’s work in our state.
Highlights of AAUW’s impact in Ohio include:
- AAUW Action Network made it possible for state residents to send nearly 1,500 messages to their elected officials about issues important to women and girls.
- The AAUW Action Fund Lobby Corps made 27 visits to members of Congress from Ohio.
- Elect Her, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati
- Elect Her, Wright State University, Dayton
- $tart $mart, Wright State University, Dayton
- NCCWSL Scholarship Recipient Katie Frantz, Kent State University, Kent
- NCCWSL Scholarship Recipient Noreen Murphy, Capital University, Columbus
- NCCWSL Scholarship Recipient Alexandra Patterson, Kenyon College, Gambier
- International Fellow Melissa Latigo, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland
- International Fellowship Panel Member Katarzyna Marciniak, Athens
- Selected Professions Fellow Stephanie B. Gepford, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati
- Selected Professions Fellow Chloe E. Hanna- Korpi, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati
- Selected Professions Fellow Hanna Park, Ohio State University, Columbus
- Legal Referral Network: 15 lawyers across the state offered pro-bono, reduced, or contingency fee services to those referred by AAUW.