Early voting has started
- Visit the Secretary of State website to find out the dates and locations for early voting (known in Iowa as “absentee voting in person”).
- You can also go here to find out what identification to bring to the polls.
Early voting is a great way to avoid the long lines on Election Day and make sure you have time to cast your vote in this crucial election. Bring your friends, family members, and colleagues – you can even arrange a carpool to help people get to the polls for early voting!
Before you head to the polls, check out AAUW’s voter education resources, including the VoterHER tool kit and issue fact sheets.The VoteHER Toolkit includes three resources, all focused on AAUW priority issues:
- The annually released AAUW Action Fund Congressional Voting Record explaining AAUW positions and votes taken by representatives and senators in the 112th Congress
- Voter guides comparing candidates in the presidential and key Senate races
- An analysis of the Obama administration’s performance in its first term
Download your copies of the VoteHER Toolkit resources today, and share these voter education tools with your friends, family, and colleagues! Visit the AAUW Action Fund website for more resources, including questions to ask candidates at town hall meetings, a template for your branch to create its own voter guides for local House races, and fact sheets on key issues in this election.